Ministry of Agriculture
International Maximum Residue Limit Websites
Most countries set their own maximum residue limits (MRL). Canadian produce exported to other countries must comply with the importing countries MRLs.
The following links provide information about MRLs for other countries. Note that not all of these international MRL lists are kept up-to-date. Check with the Agricultural Attache at the Canadian Embassy in the country the produce will be exported to for their most recent residue limits.
- US EPA Office of Pesticide Programs Web Site - Information on USA tolerances (MRLs)
- USDA FASonline - International Maximum Residue Limit Database
- European Union - EU MRLs sorted by pesticide
- Japanese maximum residue limits - The Japan Food Chemical Research Foundation
- New Zealand (Maximum Residue Limits of Agricultural Compounds) - New Zealand Food Safety Authority
- Northwest Horticultural Council, Export Manual, Yakima WA - US and international tolerances and export information for tree fruits
- Taiwan Pesticide Residue Limits in Foods (PDF)
Some countries may use the CODEX standards. Information on the CODEX residue limits is located on the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO UN) site at the following link:Other Resources