Ministry of Agriculture and Lands
Production Insurance (formerly known as Crop Insurance) has significantly changed its program. To see how the new changes will specifically benefit you, please browse this website or call your local Production Insurance Office.
The Role of Production Insurance on Your Farm
Farmers have to deal with the unfair hand sometimes dealt by nature. Uncontrollable weather can ruin crops, and wreak havoc with farm budgets. Production insurance offers financial protection against crop losses due to uncontrollable weather. Like any insurance plan, production insurance pays compensation to ease some of the financial hardship if you suffer misfortune. Buying production insurance is a smart business decision, similar to house insurance, car insurance or life insurance.
Our objective is to continue to work with farmers to make production insurance more efficient and effective to strengthen British Columbia's valuable farming community, and to protect our food supply.
Check back to the website as more details and updates will be continually added
THE BENEFITS ARE CLEAR:
- gives peace of mind for your family
- offers security your bank manager will appreciate
- forms a foundation for your farm business security
- supports your risk-management planning
- provides the opportunity for better budgeting and planning
- limits your risk so you can invest additional resources in your operation
"It's a sound business decision to manage your risk!"